Sky+ boxes

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by vk2003, Mar 18, 2005.

1. vk2003

vk2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Are there more than one make of (the standard 40Gb) Sky+ box, or are they all the same? If there are different ones, is one regarded as being better than the others, and worth requesting from the fitter?

Will be plugging into a philips 32pf9986 :D

Thanks

2. rasb0

rasb0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    This subject has been covered in depth and appears to have worn everyone out!

Try a search on: Sky+ receivers/boxes, Amstrad and Pace Sky+ receivers/boxes.

It should keep you going for a couple of weeks!!

The overall feeling appears to be that the Pace box is the better of the two, but is the difficult one to get hold of. It isn't as simple as requesting it from Sky or the "Installation Technician."

However bear in mind that dispite the mostly, negative reports regarding the Amstrad, there is supposed to be a fix on the way if it hasn't already happened. I have had an Amstrad box for 3 weeks and I am quite content with it. It has none of the reported faults discussed on this forum. Rest assured if it hadn't met my expectations or had displayed any of the faults I would have been straight on to Sky and it wouldn't be here now.

Good luck with your research :)

3. vk2003

vk2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for the heads up and info mate. Will do a bit more of a search... Installer tomorrow, so will ask if he has a pace box...!

4. hdtel77

hdtel77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi VK2003. Could you report back how you get on with installer and any points to watch.

I have ordered Sky+ multiroom and it is due Thursday 24th. I would appreciate any feed back as have had some poor quality people in the past from Sky. :rolleyes: I will be expecting them to move my old box to second room as well as setting up new one.

Thanks in advance. :smashin: