sky box-->tv card-->nvidia card--->lcd tv??

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by kingjude, Sep 15, 2007.

1. kingjude

kingjude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok... i want to make my viewing experience a whole lot better. Currently i have a regular sky box that i got for free for signing up to sky... i have an hd ready tv.. which i connect my sky box to via a scart lead... picture is not all that.. but i know it can look a lot better. if i got a tv card... and connect my sky box to the tv card on my pc.. then from my pc through the nvidia 8600gt card by way of the dvi to hdmi....connecting it to the hdmi plug on my lcd tv... will i make sky better?? has anyone tried this before??

2. ukbootlegs

ukbootlegs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    Standard sky boxes only pump out he video at a certain resolution anyway (dunno what it is)

So I don't see how it will make it that much better.

Get a Sky HD box, that improve the quality of the SD channels (did for me anyway)

3. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    Yes, you can do this, it does make an enormous difference (provided you have an adequate PC)

You can do it with a normal TV card used as a video / svideo capture card, but it's better to use a Sweetspot card for RGBs capture using a Scart-4RCA lead, or even better an SDI capture card and an SDI modded Sky plus V1 box - the best Sky picture short of the HD output on the HD box, better than even the SD channels on the HD box over HDMI! - the only way that you will get a better picture than this out of any Sky box is by using an HD box and a scaler with PReP which equals £££££