1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky box to VW10HT

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by davrob, Oct 7, 2002.

1. davrob

davrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Whats the best way to connect my Panny Sky Digi Box to my Sony VPL-VW10HT projector? I have a scart to 3 phono RGB lead, will this work or will I need a RGB to S-Video converter?

Many Thanks

Dave R

2. Nobber

Nobber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Keene do a great scart to component switch box, had mine a couple of months works great £60 odd

3. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scart to RGB will work if pin 19 is connected to pin 11 in the scart. This will sync the horizontal and vertical onto the green component pin (11). If you look in your manual you will see that you need sync on green for an RGB signal to work correctly.
    Regards
    Dave

4. rossobonks

rossobonks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobber,

How much better quality image do you get from using RGB than Composite from the Sky box on the Sony (assuming that you have VW10 also)?

Is it worth spending the extra getting the converter?

Im happy with the quality of image using S-Video from my DVD but good do with similar results from the digibox

Regards
    Dave

5. Nobber

Nobber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    1. with the composite I had a lot of crosshatching - unwatchable for me

2. bought rgb to s video convertor box - much better but still some cross hatching

3. changed to RGB to component convertor box - excellent results very pleased NO cross hatching just faint scanning lines occasionally with some types of picture

I have the 11HT

thanks
    Nobber

6. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Alternately ask your Sky installer to sell you a Sky+ box. You don't need to subscribe to the Sky+ services but this then gives you s-video out which can be de-interlaced/scaled by your projector...bonus is you also then get an optical digital audio out too.

Regards,

Ian Guinan