Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky box to PC

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by blue2555, Sep 9, 2004.

1. blue2555

blue2555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Please would someone advise me on the following:

I would like to connect my Sky Pace box to my PC located upstairs, for recording to HD and DVD.The distance between these two units is 9 meters.

The outputs on the Sky pace box are: Scart, audio out left and right and RF out and also what looks similar to a PC monitor 9 pin plug!.
    The scart lead loops to a scart lead to my Svhs video. which has S-output and audio left and right out.

The PC has S-in, 3 seperate phono type leads for video and audio, an RF in and a 9 round pin sort of din socket.

I guess i can: use the scart to scart leads, try the S-lead (although can you get a lead this lengh or can I afford it, and there is not a true S- connect from the Sky pace box to my Video scart.)
    And finally try one of those transmitter boxes (I guess if the budget is upto it- for quality).

Please would someone comment on the best options for quality and affordability.

Many thanks for your advice.