1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky box to PC

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by blue2555, Sep 9, 2004.

1. blue2555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi. Please would someone advise me on the following:

I would like to connect my Sky Pace box to my PC located upstairs, for recording to HD and DVD.The distance between these two units is 9 meters.

The outputs on the Sky pace box are: Scart, audio out left and right and RF out and also what looks similar to a PC monitor 9 pin plug!.
    The scart lead loops to a scart lead to my Svhs video. which has S-output and audio left and right out.

The PC has S-in, 3 seperate phono type leads for video and audio, an RF in and a 9 round pin sort of din socket.

I guess i can: use the scart to scart leads, try the S-lead (although can you get a lead this lengh or can I afford it, and there is not a true S- connect from the Sky pace box to my Video scart.)
    And finally try one of those transmitter boxes (I guess if the budget is upto it- for quality).

Please would someone comment on the best options for quality and affordability.

Many thanks for your advice.