Sky box to Panasonic via Scart/SVHS

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by scooter41, Mar 4, 2005.

1. scooter41

scooter41
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there,

I am using an scart to SHVS lead to try and connect my SKY box to a new Panasonic plasma via an S / BNC component board.

My Devices work fine when connecting S to SVHS on a standard lead, but I have run into problems when going via Scart to SVHS (even though this setup was working fine on my Sony Wega 32" previously)

The signal from the scart (only connection from the sky box apart from composite + RF) is black and white only with quite a lot of grain too.

I have tried a variety of scart connectors / leads, which are all full rgb scart compatable. I have also changed the settings on the Sky Box from RGB to PAL and it makes no difference.

I then also tried the DVD player, which is fine via and SVHS lead, but then also has the same problem when coming from Scart to SVHS, is it because the plasma isnt detecting the right S Signal?

Any help appreciated to get this set up right :)

Scott

2. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    A Sky digibox cannot output a S-Video signal via its Scart connectors - using a Scart-SVideo cable does not change the signal type output by the digibox.