Sky+ box starting to act up - due to big HDD?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by RMCF, Sep 20, 2007.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +793
    I have started to notice my Sky+ box doing weird things over the last month or so, and was wondering if anybody else is having problems?

Sometimes it can take about 5secs to change channel up or down, or respond to the planner key being hit etc. Just silly things but annoying none the less. I have also had it lock up a few times when I was hitting the remote buttons fast.

Now something that did spring to mind was the larger drive I have in it.

It is a Samsung 250gb drive, and it was sitting around 65-70% full. I thought perhaps the fact that the drive had so much on it may have been contributing to the slow running and freezing.

Any thoughts?

2. GMT

GMT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    i reckon its to do with your hdd.

too full.

the sky+ normal hdd make the box run quite slow when its getting full.

3. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    Most of the problems that seem to be appearring after the recent software upgrades to PVR2s seem to be affecting those with upgraded hard disks. Included in this latest upgrade there was apparently an increase to the largest size hard disk that the box would automatically recognise without using other software in a PC to "pre format" the drive. This has gone up from approx 270 Gb to 508 Gb. This implies to me that there is a change to the disk file management sytem and as these problems seem to affecting only upgraded PVR2s that there may be a necessity to archive off/watch all existing recordings and re-format the disk.