• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky box says no phone connection, but there is?

ScouserAndy

My new HD box is saying it is not connected to the telephone line when it is. I've tried a phone in the socket the box plugs into and the phone works. Even changed the lead from the sky box to the phone socket.

Shall i do "new installation" again?

I dont want sky trying to charge me because they think i dont have the box pluged into the phone line!

Any ideas?

gjp

If you have BB you may need a microfilter connected into the telephone socket for your HD, I had the same problem and this resolved the problem.

ScouserAndy

I have a filter on it. Next test is to buy another extension i suppose and try that. I got the box from midsat. Is it there resposibility if the modem doesnt work?

Smurkenstein

Try the forced dial home in the installer setup - from memory, go services > system setup > 0, 1, select > option 3 > dialling type tone, set the dialling prefix to 1470 > save new settings > see if you get an error message...it might help

Smurkenstein

The other possibility is that you micofilter is fawlty...some of them are pretty poor quality...to check, try a normal phone through the phone side of the filter...

tig

I had this problem last year and tried the steps mentioned above to no avail.Eventually a sky engineer came round and discovered that the modem had failed and gave me a new box there and then.He said that every time he was sent round to have a look at a box with this problem he was told by sky to bring a spare.So looks like a known problem.

D

Darren73

Do you have BT 1571 on your line ? My Sky box often believes it's not connected if I have a message waiting as the dial tone is different.

Screwed up an old fax machine and laptop I had as well.

Johndm

My new HD box is saying it is not connected to the telephone line when it is. I've tried a phone in the socket the box plugs into and the phone works. Even changed the lead from the sky box to the phone socket.

Shall i do "new installation" again?

I dont want sky trying to charge me because they think i dont have the box pluged into the phone line!

Any ideas?

Double check you've not put phone plug into the ethernet socket......

I did......:oops:

mad_angler1

Double check you've not put phone plug into the ethernet socket......

I did......:oops:

as has been said, check your in the phone connection and not the network one,

ScouserAndy

sorry havent replied, internet has been down. Problem was a faulty extension. Sky box works now. My only worry is, that when i installed the box and done the ring back when you do a new install, it wouldnt of phoned back. so do i need to do a new install again now the phone line works?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom