SKY Box resets itself !

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mdsatherley, Apr 22, 2005.

1. mdsatherley

mdsatherley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: I joined Sky Dec 2004 and have a constant problem with the Sky box resetting itself. Sky engineers have visited my home at least eight times in four months for the same problem. I have had four different new boxes installed and the aerial LNB replaced twice.

The problem happens about every week to ten days when the Sky box, which should show a green on light, start showing a red light, indicating that the power has been switched off and the Sky Demo program starts when switching the TV on. (Sony KV-32LS60U TV). There has definitely not been any power cuts because no other equipment in the house is reset.

I recently bought a four-gang surge protected extension lead for the TV, Sky Box, DVD and Video and it still happens. The fault is intermittent and I have no idea why the Sky box keeps resetting itself. MY neighbour, about 40 yards away also has Sky, but no problems. I have spoken to Sky and Sony and they don't know why either.

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!

:lease:

2. Dan L

Dan L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Have you tried plugging it into a different physical location? It almost certainly sounds like the power is cycling on the until. Since four boxes have already been tried, I'd put my money on the supply being the problem.

3. mdsatherley

mdsatherley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have now plugged it into a different socket in the same room. Even though it is on the same ring circuit, I assume this is what you meant. Will see how it goes over the next week or two. Thanks.

4. Dan L

Dan L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Yeah...worth a try at least to see what happens. I honestly can't see what else it could be since you've renewed practically everything several times...