• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky box replacement!

Mole81

Novice Member
Am finally gonna bite the bullet and ditch sky I think. I am thinking initially to go for a humax box. I want pvr facility, min 500gb drive, wifi connectivity and preferably black in colour and maybe netflix too! Does such a box exist and/or are there any new boxes imminent?

Anyone? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

logiciel

HDR - 1000S.
A look at Freesat web site finds it immediately.

Last edited:

TJT1

Distinguished Member
The link that logi gave you in post two. Its green and says 'HDR-1000S'. But just for completeness, it's here
Just realised that the link I see in logi's post is probably due to some sort of advertising ware on my computer.

Last edited:

Mole81

Novice Member
I see no link lol and in using tapatalk so could be why too...that looks ok, can see there's a dongle to utilise wifi so that would do the job. Anyone know if humax are due to release anything new soon too as don't wanna get this then it be superseded!

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
Just realised that the link I see in logi's post is probably due to some sort of advertising ware on my computer.

Your PC is fine, it's the forum that runs the advertising ware..... if you mouse over them on a PC it'll say 'shopping link added by SkimWords'. Though most will have clicked the link and been conned into thinking the poster posted it before the mouse over popup is displayed... Affiliate marketing at it's very worse....

Humax does the HDR-1010S with built in wifi. I don't think any have Netflix and new models don't come along too often.

Last edited:

logiciel

The HDR - 1000S is black.

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Latest upgrade is the HDR1000S with a 2TB drive. Available some time this month from Humax Direct at £299.00. If you want the built in WiFi it has to be the White 1010s. If you want Black and WiFi it has to be a 1000S and the optional WiFi USB Dongle or simply use a standard WiFi Bridge connected to the LAN connector.

TJT1

Distinguished Member
Your PC is fine, it's the forum that runs the advertising ware {snip}
Ah, yes, I remember investigating this in the past and coming up with that conclusion. It must be an age thing that I had forgotten investigating it:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom