Sky+ box replacement - Can you keep the original box?

Veni Vidi Vici

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Sky+ box (Amstrad) has started making really loud whirring noises, which come and go. Its well out of warranty.

If I get Sky around to replace it do I get to keep my original box? I have lots of things on there to watch, and the box works ok apart from the noise.

Also how much would I have to pay for a replacement?

thanks.

The standard call out is £65, if the box is faulty they will replace it with a refurb or if you are lucky a new model, they take the existing box with them which is then fixed and enters the supply chain as a refurb.

Better get your saved recordings copied over to something else - they wouldn't play anyway on the old box once it was disconnected from the dish.

The standard call out is £65, if the box is faulty they will replace it with a refurb or if you are lucky a new model, they take the existing box with them which is then fixed and enters the supply chain as a refurb.

Thanks. Is there a make of Sky+ box that is better than the others, are they pretty much all the same?

Thanks. Is there a make of Sky+ box that is better than the others, are they pretty much all the same?

I can only comment on what others have said since my first gen SKY+ was working after 5 years and was only replaced with a SKY+HD which is still going strong:)

The general consensus is that you can not go wrong with PACE but the latest Amstrads have few problems were as Thomson models are more variable. However you simply can not generalise to that extent, there are many people with various boxes that have directly opposing views on their boxes:)

You simply may not have a choice anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom