• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky + box or Hd Box which brand is best/where to buy

Hellfire

Established Member
Hi there,

I currently have a Amstrad sky plus box and the thing is dying, fails recordings, skips and jumps on recordings and freezes constantly, also for some reason it cannot get sky + anytime.

I was looking at buying a new sky box, Either a sky + box or a Sky HD box (I do have a HD box already before (multi room and know of the advantages etc)

I realise this is the sky plus section but I am looking for either I am undecided and it comes down to pricing.

I've seen some sky HD boxes on ebay, brand new for £140.00ish and thought it looked good, Now I have a amstrad sky plus box at the moment which is old and out of warrenty close to 3/4 years maybe older I forget. I have been told the best brand to go for is Pace but after hearing about the recall on the HD boxes I am unsure, is there a big difference? I am a bit wary about buying another amstrad as I am unsure, the current HD box I have (in my father-in-laws Living room) is aThomson box and he's never had a problem.

So what I am asking is
what brand of box should I go for
How much to pay roughly for Sky + and Sky HD
Where can I buy a standalone box from roughly?

Thank you in advance

jimglasgow

Standard Member
Will keep an eye on this thread looking for the same thing but now uncertain what brand to get..lets hope someone can give us advice:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom