Sky Box on top of DVD Player?

frailfury

Banned
Hi all, is it safe to put a Sky box on top of a DVD player?

I have no room! Either that, or is there something I can put inbetween them to take the weight off?

Thanks

Clive197

Hi all, is it safe to put a Sky box on top of a DVD player?

I have no room! Either that, or is there something I can put inbetween them to take the weight off?

Thanks
No worries, UNLESS it's a basic player which dents when you put the remote on top....!!!!!.....

steve a

I second what Clive197 says.Many used to say that CD players and DVD players benefit from something placed on the top lid to dampen down any vibration caused by spinning discs.
Just be mindful of allowing sufficient ventilation in the cabinet.

frailfury

Banned
Thanks. Is it best to have DVD on top of Sky or other way round? The DVD player is very light in weight! I'm just concerned about how it looks.

Last edited:

Clive197

Thanks. Is it best to have DVD on top of Sky or other way round? The DVD player is very light in weight! I'm just concerned about how it looks.
The Sky box has buttons on top, so it may be an issue putting the DVD player on top, futhermore the DVD player is probably wider and would look pretty darn silly on top of the sky box IMO.

skk3

The Sky box has buttons on top, so it may be an issue putting the DVD player on top, futhermore the DVD player is probably wider and would look pretty darn silly on top of the sky box IMO.
Apart from it's buttons, the Sky box runs pretty hot...

smarty

Agree. Put out Wii on top of our 1Tb Sky plus HD box and it got really hot. I was surprised how hot it runs.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom