Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky+ Box office & DD

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Attu, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Attu

Attu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    When I first looked into getting Sky+ all the adverts in the Sky magazine said Some Sky movies and Sky Box office films were in Dolby digital, Ive had it for about 6 months now and yes I know sky movies 1 to 3 are in DD but ive never seen a box office film avalable in DD ?
    A friend of mine says he has seen them in DD but Im not so sure but I must admit it was along time ago when we were talking about it.
    Soooooo are Box office films avalable in DD and If not are they planing on making it so ???

Andy

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Some SBO movies used to be in DD, that was when SKY had a single dedicated w/s movie channel which also had DD audio.
    Not sure exactly when but the DD has been removed from SBO but was expanded on the standard subscription movie channels.
    I don't know if this was an strategic decision to use exisitng hardware to enhance the subscription channels and therefore the SKY+ demand or perhaps the DD was removed becuase those reported audio drop outs were effecting PPV movies and subsequent refunds were getting out of hand.
    Not sure which, then again it could be a totally different reason:)