• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky Box off in Morning

bstonehouse

My Sky+ box has been off every morning for the last 2 weeks - switch it back on and all is fine. I know the SKY do this some times with downloads but this seems a bit excessive - is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know what the problem may be.

bstonehouse

Please ignore this - have only just read about AUTO STANDBY which is probably the problem - will turn this feature off and see what happens

Ianfromnotts

Sky upgrade ! - to save electricity ??? I think you can switch it off in the set up menu - auto standby - but have never tried myself

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
This is definitely the auto standby feature which comes into force between 11pm and 2am I think and switches your box into standby if no use is detected between these times. Has no harm to your box as it can still record during this time, if required.

You can switch this feature off in the services menu.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom