Sky box not outputting sound

Melon

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just moved in with my girlfriend and brought my av setup. I almost didn't as there's no virgin broadband but hey love is blind to crappy internet..

I plugged her sky+ hd box with wifi into my Yamaha vx671 av amp via hdmi and connected that to my panny plasma.

The sky box is outputting video but no sound. I've tried different inputs on the amp and a cable that works fine with other equipment.

The TV is connected by optical back to the amp and is playing sound fine on player or Netflix.

I have checked all the settings on the sky box and it's set to stereo and normal (even though my amp supports Dolby) but nothing works.

I've cycled the power several times and have plugged the sky box in first then turned on the TV and amp.

Any ideas because I'm bamboozled??!!

Do you get sound if you connect Sky box to TV directly? If so then nothing wrong with the Sky box but down to the settings on and connections to your amp.

Yeah the sound worked when I connected it directly, even though the sound is still coming out of the av am amp via the optical between the tv and amp.

What could be wrong?

Probably a setting on the AMP set to audio coming from Optical/Spdif rather than HDMI for the particular Input.

thanks thats exactly it! Im using the input that was for my pc which I connected via optical as well because I couldnt get surround to work via HDMI.

nice one, I can fix that when I get home from work.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom