Sky+ box not coming out of standy.

bbasra

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My sky+ box been perfect for 3 years and today, noticed my Sky+ box won't come out of standby. Tried pulling out the power cable and putting it back in but no luck. The box responds to the sky remote as the remote green light comes on when i press a button.

I've left it with the power cable out now and see what happens in the morning. Any other ideas?

When i power it on, the fans spin up, i can hear the HDD access slightly and sounds healthy. What could be wrong?

do asa you did before but disconnect all cables and touch the conectons where the sat feeds go in so as to discharge an static charge, its worth a try and wont do any harm

I've got a thompson box with 160gb HDD.

I've just taken the HDD out and connected it via USB to my computer and the harddisk was detected fine and i could see all the files but i could not copy them onto my local disk. wierd.

anyhow, i cannot feel or hear the disk spin up so it look like the Hdd is not powering up.

There appears to be a software update affecting thomson boxes which happened overnight. I am having similar problems, i can get the box to turn on, however after a couple of minutes the box stops responding to either the remote control, or the buttons on the front of the box.

Then after about 5-7 minutes, the box turns itself off. I can get it out of standby by pressing the sky button on the remote, but the same sequence of events then happen again.

I have tried forcing the box to do a software update, but no luck with that, although others that have been posting over on digital spy have got the forced software update to fix their problems.

If my box doesn't sort itself out over night tonight, i'll be on the phone to sky tomorrow morning.

Thanks all solved! Sky obviously updated my box last night and screwed my box up. I forced a update and volla it works.

Can't belive i opened my box up. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yip had the exact same problem would not come out of stand by

So tried the software update last night but nothing appeared to happen :(

But it is working fine this morning :thumbsup: so maybe the software update worked or sky fixed it overnight :eek:

If your box is connected to your phone line the updates should go smoother.

Also remember when disconnecting (for a forced software update) that the scart and dish feed cable can still carry a few small volts of power.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom