1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky box not calling back since Sky+ installed

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by HMHB, Jun 3, 2004.

1. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,757
    Can anyone give me an idea of whats happened here please as Sky customer support is driving me wild saying that it's my problem.
    I've had a letter saying that neither of my boxes are calling back. It was all OK before SKy+ was installed (and existing box relocated) but now according to them they are not getting a callback.
    Nothing has changed on my phone line so I don't believe the problem is with that. If i plug a phone into the sockets where the boxes are connected I get a dial tone ok. I'm not ex-directory and I'm not witholding my phone number. I don't really want to have to phone NTL as I haven't got half a day to spare !!
    Sky customer service attitude is a disgrace :mad:

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    have you tried checking whether the box itself is seeing the phone line? You can do so in the service mnu with system test (i think). I had a recent problem whereby something in the phone connection wasnt right so the box was unsuccessful in calling back..... sky did come and fix it without question though....

ad

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,757
    I've been into the setup menu and both boxes say that they are connected to a phone line. If I take the phone off the hook they both display "line busy" so must be detecting it ok

4. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,757
    Update - problem sorted.
    Sky engineer phoned me back and we had to put a prefix of 1470 in the phone settings from the engineering menu. This tells it not to withold the phone number. This is very strange as my phone line does not withold the phone number anyway. I know this for definate as my mate has caller display and knows when it's me that calls :confused:

5. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did he tell you how to get in the engineer menu?

please tell or pm me please.

6. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,757
    from the settings menu as far as i can remember i press 0,1 then select quickly one after the other