• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky box in one room has different EPG to the other box !

Tarby

Standard Member
Hope someone can help.

I recently had Sky+ installed and then I purchased from eBay a second hand standard Sky box which I connected to a spare socket from the dish so that I could watch the standard channels in a different room.

The only thing is, is that the person I bought it from lived in the Midlands, I live in Southend-on-Sea so ITV1 on my Sky+ box says ITV1 London whereas the box I just bought says ITV1 Central W and there are no Channel 5 channels either but my Sky+ box has all of them, FIVER, FIVER US, etc.

With both boxes coming from the same dish I would have thought that the EPG would be the same, do I need to re-tune or re-install anything on this second hand box????

Many thanks

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
Your postcode is stored on your viewing card, which tells the box what you should get at BBC, ITV etc. The lack of Viewing card in your secondary box restricts your regionalisation and prevents access to the FTA channels.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom