Sky box in loft but want control in bedroom

Coxey70

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just decorated the bedroom I had the Sky + HD Box above the TV but thought I'd hide it in the loft instead. I've got a remote gang socket that works great in the loft I can turn on or off the power using its remote so thought the sky box might do the same but it doesn't. I think I've confused myself and bought a iO link and TV link (magic eye) and a 3m HDMI cable is there a way to connect the HDMI and magic eye? I don't want Sky on another TV all I want is to control the box which is in the loft from the bedroom TV below a sort of IR remote extender.

Regards Steve.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Just decorated the bedroom I had the Sky + HD Box above the TV but thought I'd hide it in the loft instead. I've got a remote gang socket that works great in the loft I can turn on or off the power using its remote so thought the sky box might do the same but it doesn't. I think I've confused myself and bought a iO link and TV link (magic eye) and a 3m HDMI cable is there a way to connect the HDMI and magic eye? I don't want Sky on another TV all I want is to control the box which is in the loft from the bedroom TV below a sort of IR remote extender.

Regards Steve.

Hey @Coxey70, we sell a HDMI over IR injector kit which will allow you to control the sky box that is tucked away in your loft. It's only £25.00 and you can get 10% off this price by using our AVForums discount code AVF10. Any questions on this product just fire them my way.

http://shop.hdanywhere.co.uk/ir-over-hdmi-injector-kit.html

The sky magic eye should work, via the IOlink

The HDMI and the SKymagic eye dont have to be physically connected, though you do need a coax aerial cable between the TV and the Skybox to use it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom