• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky box in loft but want control in bedroom

Coxey70

Standard Member
Hi all,
Just decorated the bedroom I had the Sky + HD Box above the TV but thought I'd hide it in the loft instead. I've got a remote gang socket that works great in the loft I can turn on or off the power using its remote so thought the sky box might do the same but it doesn't. I think I've confused myself and bought a iO link and TV link (magic eye) and a 3m HDMI cable is there a way to connect the HDMI and magic eye? I don't want Sky on another TV all I want is to control the box which is in the loft from the bedroom TV below a sort of IR remote extender.

Regards Steve.

Last edited:

Member 319784

Prominent Member
Hi all,
Just decorated the bedroom I had the Sky + HD Box above the TV but thought I'd hide it in the loft instead. I've got a remote gang socket that works great in the loft I can turn on or off the power using its remote so thought the sky box might do the same but it doesn't. I think I've confused myself and bought a iO link and TV link (magic eye) and a 3m HDMI cable is there a way to connect the HDMI and magic eye? I don't want Sky on another TV all I want is to control the box which is in the loft from the bedroom TV below a sort of IR remote extender.

Regards Steve.

Hey @Coxey70, we sell a HDMI over IR injector kit which will allow you to control the sky box that is tucked away in your loft. It's only £25.00 and you can get 10% off this price by using our AVForums discount code AVF10. Any questions on this product just fire them my way.

http://shop.hdanywhere.co.uk/ir-over-hdmi-injector-kit.html

The sky magic eye should work, via the IOlink

The HDMI and the SKymagic eye dont have to be physically connected, though you do need a coax aerial cable between the TV and the Skybox to use it.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom