1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + box giveaway ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by lowey, Jun 12, 2005.

1. lowey

lowey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

This morning I have added another Sky+ box upstairs, managed to get one of the £49 re-furb. deals, although it's a V1 it is a brand new one , I would have prefered a V2 but as it's only for the bedroom I don't mind so much, anway, the fitter mentioned that Sky were giving them away at the end of June as some promotion or other ! now I dont know how true this may be, or, if it's only the V1 boxes, only time will tell.

Need some help with the upstairs box, when I change channels on the box downstairs, via the magic eye in the bedroom, it also changes channels on the box upstairs, which is causing problems in the other bedroom as I have used the rf2 on the upstairs box to send the picture to my daughters room. I have covered every inch of the front of the V1 box, but it still sees the remote command. Was on the 'phone for 20 mins to Sky Technical and even they could'nt work it out.They are suppose to be getting back to me , I won't hold my breath, anyone got any suggestions ?

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    What did you cover it with ?

3. lowey

lowey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nick,

Covered it in masking tape.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Some thin tapes let infra-red through. Try aluminium foil.

5. lowey

lowey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nick,

Spoke to Pace re.the V1. They said the receiver is under the "online" light, tried covering it with my hand, still receives the signal ?