1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky + box from sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by smartiepants, Jun 2, 2004.

1. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just phoned sky to ask about the deal they have at the moment (free installation) & asked about the sky + box, they tell me the only one they providing is the Thompson box & had not heard of the Amstrad box Now I'm confused as I have seen threads about the Amstrad but not the Thompson box, are they spinning me a yarn or are certain boxes used when a free installation offer appears

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    As far as I'm aware there is no Thomson Sky+ box, the numpty at Sky you were talking to probably got their knickers in a twist and was talking about regular Sky boxes and not the "Plus" variety.

3. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    that's why I was confused, the person also told me that the sky+ £10 sub was waivered if I had 1 of the Premium channels I thought it was 2 premium channels! :suicide: so who makes the box supplied by sky

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Only PACE and Amstrad make SKY+ units. Thompson recently bought out Grundig and started to supply a standard digibox to SKY.
    The £10 fee is waived if you subscribe to MORE than 1 SKY premium channel which include SM1, SM2, SS1 and SS2.

5. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for that, I might take the plunge as they are offering sky sports channels free for three months if you sign up to certain packages :thumbsup:

6. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, the Thomson buy-out of Grundig was a while ago (maybe 2 years?) and Thomson are no longer manufacturing any Sky Digiboxes AFAIK.

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Grundig were still around last year because they were looking for a buyout from Beko (who now work with Fusion) and they were still supplying boxes to SKY or at least SKY were supplying them to subscribers.
    Now Thompson pulling out of the SKY contract is a surprise, makes you wonder why they bothered in the first place:)