1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ box from sky or private?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Anitak, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Anitak

Anitak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am looking for some advice......we arrangd to have sky+ installed last week, only for sky to come out and tell us they werent allowed to get on our conservatory roof to raise the dish. Advised us to get independent installer to do wiring etc... I have now got a price of £60 to set up dish and cabling, but need to get sky + box ( already have standard digi box). Am considering gbuying box and then subscribing to sky for premium package.
    However, I am trying to work out what would be most cost effective. to get new box from sky, or buy my own......
    any suggestions?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I don't think SKY will sell you a box unless they do the install which would mean a special heights team and probably a surcharge.

If you have sorted the installation via an independent then I think your best bet is to buy a SKY+ (including QuadLNB) from a retail source such as a sat dealer or online shop.

Not to push one online seller ahead of another but Simply Digital will sell you what you need.

Once this is done decide what you are going to do with the existing digibox.
    You can run both from the Quad LNB with either a subscription smartcard in the SKY+ and a FTV card in the digibox or with a multiroom card in the digibox (which costs more of course).