Sky+ box freezing

A

Alistunt

Hi everyone,
I am new to all of this, including Sky+ which was installed just about a month ago. In the past couple of weeks though we have had problems with the Sky+ freezing on some channels, the remote not able to move up & down channels (or do anything infact) also am unable to change channels by pushing the buttons on the box itself. I am even unable to switch off the box without pulling the plug! Pulling the plug seems to reset things for a while & everything works again. However, if we have settled down to watch a channel for any length of time (say an hour or so) the system freezes up again on that channel. This is happening on a daily basis.Sometimes we get 'signal unavailable' on one channel and others seem to work. We also have Sky Multiroom & the good old fashioned Sky box in the other room works fine & is receiving signal ok (at the same time the Sky+ box says there is no signal!). Do readers think we will need a new box?
Any help appreciated before I contact Sky - thankfully we are still in the warranty period!
Ali

If you ring Sky, they will always suggest the following :

1. Unplug the box from the mains and leave for a couple of minutes
2. Plug back in and leave the unit on the mains but on standby again for a couple of minutes
3. Press the 'Sky' button on your remote and wait for it to come back on to the customer channel 999
4. Operate as normal (hopefully)

If this does not work then I would report the box as faulty and get a replacement before the warranty period runs out!

Good luck.

I had exactly the same symptons and can confirm that switching off the box and letting it reload did the trick.

Thanks for your replies,
I have tried the method outlined in the first reply several times - in fact it is the only way I can get the thing to work most of the time! So, it looks like I will have to make that call to Sky!
Thanks again
Ali

Are you cooking the Digibox or have you got it by itself on an open shelf in a cool room? It can make a big difference.

My Thompson box does exactly the same. :mad:

Unplugging the power cable is fine unless you are recording something.

(the box is on a shelf on its own so no cooking)

BS

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom