1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky+ box freezing!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dubledene, Apr 17, 2005.

1. dubledene

dubledene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi chaps got a ver 2 pace with a maxtor 160gig hdd been fine for the last 3 months and now its started freezing up!!. and theres nothing there!!only started happening today. has sky done anything overnight in order to get box working again i have to disconnect ps then re connect cord

2. dubledene

dubledene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is there any way to check hdd???? ie a pc????

3. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    If you go to maxtors website and look for maxtors there are programmes on there that allow you to connect your drive to you pc, it will then check your drive for you and if itss faulty and within warranty it will give a rma number which allows you to return it to maxtor for a replacement, if the drive shows up as opk some people so carry out a lolevel format then put the disk back in, more ionfo on what to do over at digital spy forums

4. dubledene

dubledene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    downloaded the maxtor thingy but i aint got a fdd in my pc and it says it needs 1 to check maxtor hdd?? put my old sky hdd back in and seems fine!!!when he drive cocked up last night i replaced it and the drive was very hot to the touch ,would a bigger fan help???

5. dubledene

dubledene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got the drive from technoworld would they have any issues on me using the hdd for a sky box????

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it freezing randomly? Or is it at a particular time during playback...? My Amstrad freezes at exactly 51 minutes every time...but did so on the original HD as well as the upgraded one.

7. dubledene

dubledene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wasnt Really At Any Particular Time Last Night Me And The Missus Watched 4400 And Was Fine Then About An Hour After It Started Creaking, Whirring Noise (scraping) Put In The Old One And Its Fine Has There Been An Issue On 160 Gig Drives Overheating??

8. phmccu

phmccu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could you tell me where you found the details to test your hard disk on the maxtor site? I've just put in a 160 Maxtor quickview and got a failure on the signal input. I'd like to check if its a disk issue

9. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    i havent need ed to test my drive yet , i put the maxtor quickview in mine and its been fine for 3 months.

from reading digital spy you get the tools from here

10. martinalison

martinalison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can some one tell me why I cant get BBC2,3 or4 on somedays,yet on other days I don't have a problem.I tried a friends box on my dish and his was the same.
    Can :lease: anyone HELP!!!!