Sky+ box for £99 (existing customers)

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Marty999, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Marty999

Marty999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but I see Sky are running an Introduce a Friend offer where both parties get a free Sky+ box. The existing customer pays £60 installation and the new customer pays £30 installation. But what they don't advertise is that you can upgrade to Sky HD instead of Sky+ by paying £99 + installation. That represents a saving of £150 as against the normal price I was quoted of £249. You still pay the extra £10 a month though.

2. dx4100

dx4100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think it depends who you speak to then. I phoned yesterday and they said no such deal was on.... But other people have been offered it...

In the end I went into to town and talked to the local sky guy who sorted it...

3. perky77

perky77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just had HD installed on the Introduce a friend offer for £99. It is in the letter you get once your friend has had sky installed

4. Marty999

Marty999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And are you pleased with it Perky? I have Sky One but won't be getting the sports or movies, so is there enough other content to warrant the extra cost? I love Lost on Sky One and the picture quality in SD is really good. But that's finished now until Feb...

5. Rob_Meister

Rob_Meister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I personally wouldn't bother with HD if I didn't have movies or sports. Although, there is a fair share of HD footie on BBC HD. Guess it ultimatly depends on the sort of television your into, does also have a larger HDD in the Sky HD box which may for you be another reason to consider it.