Sky box feature request

steggy

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know your views on something that I think would make a good improvement to the Sky user interface. Not sure what could be done about about it and if it's been mentioned before but might be something that could be requested.

Being able to press "i" for the program in the browse window.

It annoys me when scrolling through using the arrow buttons to see whats on other channels/later on the same channel that when you press "i" you still only get info on the program your currently viewing. Ok it's only a mild annoyance but it gets on my nerves when I have to switch to the "TV Guide" view to see the synopsis for programs on later.

What do you guys think, worth sending an email to sky about? Or does everyone else think that the way it works at the moment is fine the way it is?

It would be a great feature but I think I remember reading on the forum a short while ago that it's not possible with 2 tuners - not sure why but I think it's something to do with one of the tuners being used to display EPG information (of course I could have remembered that wrongly)

John

Makes sense, because I dont think you can view synopsis whilst recording two programs at once.

And I dont think it will be very user friendly if you can only press "i" for other programs when your not recording.

Roll on a wire-less broadband sky+ box that gets all the synopsis stuff online. Until then I doubt we'll be seeing this improvement.

A single button press to switch to previous channel function on the RCU :smashin:

Cheers, Franc

Jules said:
An "Are you sure?" prompt before deleting recorded items from the planner with the yellow button.

That option was removed about 4 years ago, why is anyones guess:)

Jules said:
An "Are you sure?" prompt before deleting recorded items from the planner with the yellow button.

If you set all your recordings to keep you get a confirmation warning then

Yes but you also have to put in your PIN.
Since I pay the bill, only I know the PIN. It's other family members who delete recordings accidentally far too easily.

Jules said:
Since I pay the bill, only I know the PIN. It's other family members who delete recordings accidentally far too easily.

Sounds as though a PIN for anything other than record, play or watch would be a must for you

Jules said:

No you don't !!!!!

Look in your parental settings - other restriction - and set pin protect programmes to off.

Cheers, Franc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom