• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky+ box failure

Charlie+1angel

Standard Member
Hi all, I am new to this forum so hello, I have a problem with my Pace Sky+ box model No TDS 470N, I went on holiday leaving the box turned on and recording, when I returned a couple of weeks later there was no on/off light showing and a whining coming from the box, I rebooted but still no on/off light, being the box is out of warrenty I took the top off and the whine was coming from the hard drive, luckerly I have a freind who owns a PC shop and he loaned me a Hatachi 400gb HDD I installed this into the box and powered up, the on/off light came on red but would not turn green, I waited for a few minutes and pushed it several times but it would not turn on.

My question is doe's the HDD have to be pre installed with Sky+ software or should a blank HDD work and if so what else could be wrong with the box.

All answers/info. will be greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

Cheers,

Charlie

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom