Sky box diseqc settings

narendar

Novice Member
I am hoping someone may be able to assit me with a frustrating problem I am having with my satellite installation.

I have 2 dishes, one pointing to Hotbird for my wife's Polish NC+ satellite system and the other for Sky. I have them both connected to a single, 9 input multiswitch with Sky connected to input A and the Hotbird dish connected to Input B. When I set this up originally, the NC+ receiver gave options that allowed me to select which input to use, and so i was able to configure it to use input B. The Sky box however does not seem to give any such option but it didnt matter as it seemed to use input A by default. All has been working fine since I set this up last year.

The problem I have now is with multi room boxes I have for the NC+ system which I am trying to add - the manual seems to indicate that the diseqc factory settings for these multi room boxes are Input A: Hotbird, Input B: Astra, ie the wrong way around to how I need them to be, and there does not seem to be any option to swap them around as there is with the main NC+ receiver. I have been thinking the only way around this would be to swap the whole set up around so that Hotbird goes on A and Astra on but this would mean the Sky box would no longer work, UNLESS there is some way to configure the Sky box to use input B - and that is my question here: Can that be done? I am pretty sure that it cannot readily be done but I am hoping there is some sort of hack/software instal that could enable it.

Any advice or any other suggestions on how to get around this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

There is no way to set DiSEqC settings on any Sky box - it will omly work on port A/1.

There are only two solutions for you

1 Two separate cabled systems to the boxes
2 A DISEqC code generator which will send the codes required by the multiswitch, such as - Cardman's DiSEqC Devices

narendar

Novice Member
New
Thanks for the replies, a couple of questions:

There are only two solutions for you

A DISEqC code generator which will send the codes required by the multiswitch, such as - Cardman's DiSEqC Devices
I haven't come across this type of device before - I have looked at the link you sent (I am assuming the product you are directing me to is the 2-Way DiSEqC Generator) but am still not entirely clear as to how this would work and how I would need to set it up - would you be able to expand on this please. Sorry if I don't get it straight away, I am not an expert in these matters.

Can you use the NC+ multi room sub in a generic satellite receiver?
Not sure I understand the question here, would you be able to clarify?

As I mentioned in my original post, the multi-room boxes are factory set to Input A: Hotbird, Input B: Astra and there doesn't seem to be any option in the settings to swap this around. Would this be due to the physical construction of the equipment inside the box or is this down to software? I was just thinking that perhaps another option may be to somehow hack the box so that I can swap these default settings around. The multi-room boxes are made by Sagemcom, model DSIW74.

logiciel

As far as I can see all you need is dm2's first solution, without any DiSeqC or multiswitches.

narendar

Novice Member
As far as I can see all you need is dm2's first solution, without any DiSeqC or multiswitches.
I would do that as a last resort - the intention was to be able to have points across the house where either of the 2 sets of receivers, and freesat tv, could be connected at will, so at present I have both dishes connected to the multiswitch and which in turn is outputting to points around the rest of the house. If I were to change this to two independent set ups, it would mean each point would be hard wired to a single dish and so there wouldn't be the flexibility that I presently have. As the multi-switch would be by-passed for the NC+ system, I would also need to go back up the ladder and change the current Quattro LNB on the NC+ dish to an octo (which I would also need to buy) as well as having to add more cable (I would need at least 5). So I appreciate that it is a solution but I prefer to only do that if there is no other option.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom