1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + box chanell rolling

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by nicke20, Aug 27, 2005.

1. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    last night while watching a film bbc1 kept popping in and out, very funny we thought, another sky cock up. Today the box has at tines been rolling through the chanels, there are no stuck buttons or ir sources affecting it. any ideas ?

2. TrevP

TrevP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why would it be a Sky cock up ? It sounds like your box has a fault...

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Trying to picture what "popping in and out" could look like and the box channel surfing all by itself well that's just plain bizarre:)

If there was a problem with 101 then trying another BBC1 region might have been worthwhile and the channel scrolling, buffer issues perhaps.
    How did you stop it?

4. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    ok ill be more accurate, film was playing and it was as though someone had edited 2 second clips of bbc1 into it, no pause or ussual channel change screen graphics just instant flip back and foreward. the rolling was as though you had a very very fast go to next channel button, so that it would start on a channel and try to change channel 2 or 3 times a second, before it could "lock on" to the new channel it would request the next one.
    I dont know I have cured it, I unplugged the box for 5 mins and it didnt do it last night. I was hoping it may have been a known fault with a known cure.

5. Madgpol

Madgpol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI Nicke20,

Was it the Thomas Crowne Affair on Friday night you were watching? If so we had the same issue on our normal tv (i was watch the golf on Sky+ in the other room). It happened 3 or 4 times and then stopped. Don't think it was anything to do with sky. :)

Hope this helps

Madgpol

6. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    yes it was the thomas crown affair, to be honest it was my wife watching it, she called me in to see it! (i was on avforums at the time!)
    so it was sky then !! :rotfl:

after talking to wife, she was watching bbc1 via sky and it was skipping back to another channel, same problem as described before just not the way round as described lol

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Well to be more accurate it was the BBC's broadcasts on the Dsat platform which SKY have very little to do with:)

There is a mention of other problems with Newsnight and The Thomas Crown affair here so looks like there were some technical but local difficulties on the BBC network that night.