1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky box and RF output

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by hb1966, Jul 21, 2003.

1. hb1966

hb1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently had Sky installed and got given a Pace box. I normally use the Sky box ith the SCART lead but over the weekend my TV developed a fault and I had to revert to an old portable.

The portable only has a RF input so I connected the Sky box to the RF connector. I tuned the portable to the Sky signal and got a great picture, but alas no sound.

Try as i might, I couldnt get any sound. I dont think i was doing anything stupid, so was wondering if this is a known fault, or have I stumbled across one, being probably the only person using the RF connector!

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Did you turn the volume up on the portable?
    :)
    Seriously now, have you used the portable with a normal terrestrial aerial feed and if so do you get sound?
    The portable might have the option of switching between the different standards for PAL audio.

3. hb1966

hb1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the volume was turned up on the portable and it works fine on terrestrial signals. Infact, Im currently using the portable whilst i pick a new TV, just cant watch Sky.

4. apwood

apwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried using RF Out 2 instead?

Note you'd have to activate this if not done so already. Go to 'Services' menu, then press '0', then '1', then 'Select' which should give you the Installer menu. Turn on RF Out 2 hook it up to the telly and see if that helps.

5. hb1966

hb1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    apwood, No I havent tried RF Out 2.

However, my old TV was fixed yesterday so i tried that using the RF Out and all was well. Must be something strange with the portable. I can tuneit to terrestrial no problem but it wont hack the digibox.

Ah well, even though I cant bottom this, it doesnt matter as im back to my old 29 inch set.

6. apwood

apwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah well, doesn't matter now does it!

Happy viewing.