• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sky box and harmony 525 remote.

podhead

Established Member
Hi all, need a spot of help.
I got a Harmony Logitech remote for xmas and just got round to setting it up.
The question I have is how do I identify my sky box ?

Ive had it about 5 years, its a Pace box, gray in colour and has the 2 card slots one above the other on the right hand side where it says "sky digibox" above the card slots. another thing that might help is its not as wide as most boxes at just 300mm wide.

Im after finding out exactly what box it is so I can identify it correctly with the Harmony remote software.

barry7767

Established Member
I would imagine simply setting it to 'Sky Digital' would suffice as the remote function has been the same on all Sky digi boxes - the only distinction is between Sky digital and Sky+/HD due to the added functionality of the latter. I have the same remote with Sky HD - didn't need to enter any model no.s etc, just Sky HD and it works fine (well now it has been replaced as the backlight would not turn off automatically on 1st one).

Dickyd

Established Member
From the description sounds like a Pace DS-430N. You should find a sticker on the bottom with the model number on to be sure.

For the 525 setup select Pace and then enter your model number.:smashin:

podhead

Established Member
Thanks all, I think I have it sorted now, had a go with it the other night in a bit of a rush, My daughter was born a week ago and spare time has been at a premium lattley.
I think half the trouble was from not really understanding how the remote works, I ve had a few goes at configuering it but just needs a little more streamlining to make it a bit more suitable.
even the wife is starting to get to grips with it and it serously beets the other 5 remotes I was jugling 1xsky, 1xTv, 1xdvd, 1xvision, 1xonkyo now all replaced by 1 Harmony Im impressed with it so far.

these universal remotes are something you dont really fully appreciate there worth untill you have started using it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom