Timbo_W

Standard Member
Reaction score
Thinking of taking out a new Sky sub and noticed they appear to have started their Black Friday Deals. The Black Friday megabundle @ £53.50 seems like a good deal - although I'd be after Sky Q Ultimate to ensure as much as possible is in HD/UHD so that pushes it up to £60pm.

The only thing that confused me is that when you go through the Sky Page and get to the equipment selection page the only options are 1TB boxes. I was under the impression that you needed to have the 2TB box to view in UHD? Am I just misunderstanding?

Ta

Thanks for the pointer - so it seems as though the consensus is that there's now a newly released 1TB box that is capable of UHD, and the 2TB box seems to have just disappeared...?!

Oh yeah - capacity wise I'm not fussed, I'd never fill more than 1TB worth of storage, I just didn't think you could watch UHD on the 1TB boxes so didn't want to be paying for a sub that I wasn't able to watch!

Screenshot_20191115_152050_com.android.chrome.jpg

I ordered a 2TB box this afternoon through my account.
I’m ordering as a new customer, which presumably means I can see different options? If anyone can see where to order a 2 TB box as a new customer please let me know where I’m going wrong!

Yes noticed 2tb what can record 6 at same time now disappeared.
Only 1tb that can record 3.
I have a 2tb had it a while and all of a sudden while checking my bills one of the descriptions has changed.

‘Sky Q experience’ has now changed to Sky Q multiscreen does that now meen I’ve lost UHD/4K

something fishy going off at Sky

You can easily check if you've got UHD by playing one you've previously downloaded or downloading one.

What does "dependant on main box" mean for watch in on mini box?
It probably means how many you can watch at the same times. All Q boxes can have 4 minis connected but can only view on 1 mini with the 1TB box and 2 minis with the 2TB box.

Hi guys
Wonder if anyone has any advice
I purchased a TV which comes with 18 months free Sky Q UHD subscription.

I have never had sky before, so just wanted to know, I understand the best box is the 2tb?

What would sky charge for this? Eg installation, dish, box

If you won it I suspect there will be no charges for the box or installation.

Why did you not ask the TV vendor?
Anyway, make sure that you are fully aware of the ongoing costs once the 'free 18 months' are over. It is, of course, a hook to catch you on. Someone reported a couple of days ago that he was being, or had been, ripped of for £155/month.
But you can always cancel if you do't want the added expenditure.

Why did you not ask the TV vendor?
Anyway, make sure that you are fully aware of the ongoing costs once the 'free 18 months' are over. It is, of course, a hook to catch you on. Someone reported a couple of days ago that he was being, or had been, ripped of for £155/month.
But you can always cancel if you do't want the added expenditure.

Blimey 😳 cheers for that i will definitely ask before i commit

I think £155 was a bit extreme, but that's what the poster said he was paying. You can get it for a third of that, but you have to jump through a few hoops to get that sort of price depending on what options you want.
Bear in mind that Freeview/Freesat is FREE and there are a whole bunch of catchup/streaming services to chose from.
I've spent an hour or so on the phone to them today. In short, I've gone from £151.50/month for all "old" SkyHD, broadband and phone products to £73/month for the new replacements.
OK, it was £151 not £155 but pretty close.

So the free 18 months i get with my LG E9 includes UHD ???

So confusing.

How is it confusing? So you purchased a tv,was the promotion not explained to you when you purchased your tv? Go on the LG website and all the information should be there...there will also be a phone number if you want to speak to a human being.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom