Sky+ being installed tomorrow

P

pete267

Hi,
Having Sky+ installed tomorrow (£49.99, wish i'd got it for free!!), will I automatically get 80Gb box ?, if the guy brings an old box what should I ask for ?

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
Personally I'd hope for the older Pace pvr2 but you'll probably get the inferior Amstrad or Thomson PVR3. You'll know by the box, the size of the HDD will say 80GB if it is a PVR3 and the boxes tend to be white.
Cheers, Franc

P

pete267

Thanks for the reply Frank, I understand RE: Amstrad but thought Thompson stuff was OK, will they bring reconditioned box or should I ask for new ?. I've a distrust of Sky but am forced to give them £

LiFo

Novice Member
It will be a new box, and both the Thompson and Amstrad are 80 gb.

If it's not a new box, something is not quite right :mad:

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
pete267 said:
All installed, box is a new Pace :)
Not a new ( in terms of recent) box - Pace stopped manufacture last year - may be unused though if it was in a coloured cardboard box - rather than a brown cardboard box (Those are re-furbished ones).

Tony Hoyle

Novice Member
Old stock. They probably have warehouses full of them still.

I was under the impression only Amstrad andThompson made the PVR3 and not pace... i get my upgrade today and have advised the sky engineer if he brings an Amstrad into my house, he'll also be leaving with it. Am also tempted to buy one of those Pace PVR3's and sell what ever crap i get on! :D

rusty73

Novice Member
How did the install go dude???

Got my install done yesterday, two engineers turned up they moved my dish as it wasn't a good signal, they wired it all nicely, gave me a Thompson PVR3 box and i was very happy. He did say he was expecting a monster as i have been moaning to sky all week!! When he asked me why i didn't want the amstrad i told him i'd heard some horror stories, and the fans/hard drives were loud!! he agreed, he said both boxes (Thompson + Amstrad) were loud hard drives, but the amstrad is by far the worse. I am still pleased with my install and can just relax and watch sky.:D

P

pete267

Sky guy said it was new, although ive recorded a couple of things and when playedback it seems to jump every so often !

Trending threads

Top Bottom