Sky + AV sender/reciever

Mediamanager

Standard Member
Hello,
I know this subject has come up in other posts, but I can't seem to find a solution.

I have an audio/video Sender Kit Audio/Video Sender Kit 2727 > Maplin

it uses a scart at both ends.
The transmitter in connected to the Sky+ TV scart and the reciever is connected to the only scart socket on the TV in the other room.
The transmitters magic eye is pointed directly at the Sky+ box's front pannel so there is deffinately no block in the IR signal.

Ok so here's the problem, when we first set it up everything was working perfectly. Now for some reason, the 2nd Sky+ remote in the receiving room won't work. We have a clear enough picture and audio. The shop and the packaging clearly says this kit is compatible with Sky+ and I believe the 'use scart control' setting in the Sky+ menu is on.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:

pcbbc

Novice Member
Also does the remote work if physically in the same room as the Sky box - i.e. cutting out the AV Sender altogether.
If not then it's a fault or mis-configured remote.

Stevenage Neil

Are you sure someone hasn't inadvertently pressed the TV button on the bedroom remote and forgotten to press the Sky button?

Mediamanager

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies.
The 2nd remote does work in room 1. I'm deffinately pressing the Sky button before I try to use the remote in room 2.

Mediamanager

Standard Member
Hello, this is an update on my post, above.

The IR indicator on the reciever box (scart to TV in bedroom) does flash when Sky+ remote is used, but Sky+ won't respond.

The IR indicator on the transmitter box (scart to 'TV' on Sky+ box) does NOT flash.

Does anyone know why an AV sender would send clear audio and video but not send the remote signal? Yes this model is meant to be compatable with Sky+ remotes.
:lease:

Stevenage Neil

Quote from a previous, original, post of yours:
"The remote signal is being sent because it flashes on the transmitter when the remote is used on the receiver..."

Now you write:
"The IR indicator on the transmitter box (scart to 'TV' on Sky+ box) does NOT flash."

Which are we to believe?

Mediamanager

Standard Member
Hi all,
Just to clear the confusion (or make it worse??)...
At first I thought the IR indicator on the transmitter (living room) was flashing when the remote in the bedroom was used but now I've had another check and it seems it's not flashing at all. I've now corrected my original post :oops:

The way I thought it works was.... Sky+ box sends the TV signal via the transmitter to the telly in the bedroom via the receiver.
When the remote is used to change channels etc in the bedroom, the receiver sends the IR signal to the transmitter which can be 'seen' by the Sky+ box.

Have I got it wrong???

Last edited:

fernandez

Novice Member
According the the link given in post 1 it should work

"Simply plug the transmitter into the source device (DVD, satellite receiver, etc) and the receiver into the SCART socket of the TV. The audio and video will then be transmitted from the source device to the second TV wirelessly. For maximum convenience, the unit also relays signals from your remote control back to the source so you can use your remote to change channels from the other room.You can receive the transmission in extra rooms in your property if you have a receiver in each of these rooms - Spare receiver Order Code: A86CR.Please note: This product does NOT relay remote control signals from Virginmedia digital cable boxes. It will however still send the pictures and sound; you will just be unable to change the channels in the second room.

Download our 'how to...' guide - Video Senders - CLICK HERE (pdf)"

Stevenage Neil

Your original post said everything was OK at first.

What has changed?

Another question, how do you connect your downstairs TV to the Sky box?

Stevenage Neil

Hi all,

The way I thought it works was.... Sky+ box sends the TV signal via the transmitter to the telly in the bedroom via the receiver.
When the remote is used to change channels etc in the bedroom, the receiver sends the IR signal to the transmitter which can be 'seen' by the Sky+ box.
Absolutely correct.

Mediamanager

Standard Member
I thought I'd seen the transmitter flashing, but didn't bother to check before i posted. Now I realise the IR signal is not being relayed back to the Sky+ box.

My living room TV is connected to the Video scart socket on the Sky+ box. I've tried swapping, so the TV scart is in the TV socket and the sender scart is in the Video socket, but nothing changes.

Stevenage Neil

Ignoring the video sender problem, you should always connect your TV to the TV Scart on your Sky box in order to use the better RGB output.

Put the Video sender in the Sky VCR socket and try turning Scart control off.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom