Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky: autoview problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by aaarrrggghhh!!!, Mar 9, 2002.

1. aaarrrggghhh!!!

aaarrrggghhh!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When i set the digibox on autoview, and set the video, the search and scan banner stays across the bottom of the screen for about 10 mins, saying that the program is about to start.

I've had the Panasonic box for over a year now, and this problem has only arisen in the past couple of months. I didn't say anything straight away because i thought it might be a bug in the sky system, which when it got updated, would fix itself.

Is this a common problem with sky, or is it just my digibox?

Cheers

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,653
    I have a Panasonic and have been using autoview to switch channels during the night and also for programs I may forget some days away, as I missed Smallville on Wednesday, I set mine for E4 last night but it never switch to it. I also noticed once again program info was coming up when watching it by pressing the info button. I had to unplug the sat and reboot, and got the info, but do not know about autoview yet. These seem to happen if Sky alters the software.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,653
    Hi aaarrrggghhh!!! just tried it and it worked so I would suggest rebooting the sat.

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    aaarrrggghhh!!!,

I had the exact same problem you are talking about a few weeks ago (in fact it was during the pilot episode of Enterprise). I reset my digibox (Panasonic) and it has never happened since.

The whole Personal Planner system seems to be a bit buggy anyway (As has been discussed before). Sometimes it comes up at the wrong time, sometimes it doesn't work at all - I hope they eventually get it sorted because I think it is a really good idea!

5. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    One thing you could try is setting the search and scan banner's timeout to 0 seconds. you won't be able to browse the channels while you're watching, but it beats covering up a 1/5th of the screen.

6. aaarrrggghhh!!!

aaarrrggghhh!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies, i'll give your suggestions a go.

7. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +590
    I don't have Sky Digital (yet), but I always thought that it wasn't possible to get the Digibox to change channels automatically for video recordings like you could with the old analogue boxes. Has there been an improvement since my mum got hers installed? What is "autoview"?

Thanks for your help.

8. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They changed the EPG software and it now supports a personal planner. You can get it to switch to a channel for a particular program.

Its not that good, and has a stack of bugs in it, mainly making the box crash etc.

I gave up and treated myself to a TiVo. It use an IR transmitter to dial the correct channel on the digibox and that works fine.