sky+ audio delay or lcd picture processing?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by El_JimBob, Jun 14, 2009.

1. El_JimBob

El_JimBob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - i'm aware this topic has been discussed in various ways before, but i was quite surprised to see it on my own simple setup.
    I've got an Amstrad Sky+ box hooked up to a Panasonic 32LXD85 LCD TV and have had no issues whatsoever. Just the other day i scored a NAD stereo amp on ebay, and hooked it up this morning via the analog phono outs on the back of the Sky box. Now i can hear an obvious delay between the sound coming through my bookshelf speakers, and the sound coming through my tv - close, only milliseconds out, but noticeable nonetheless, like a slight 'chorus' effect.
    Obviously i don't intend to have tv audio on whilst i'm listening thru the NAD amp (or vice-versa), but i'm real curious - is it the sky box doing this, or the tv's processing? I'm sure i can't figure the amp onto the equation as it's a basic stereo receiver. All available processing options on the tv's menus have been turned off, so i'd be surprised if it was that, but i'm willing to be enlightened :)

Anyone wanna chip in with any useful golden nuggets on info on a matter such as this?

*like whether i should post this in the LCD section as well* :D

*oh, forgot to say - because it's so close, it can't figure out which audio output is ahead of the other*

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  2. El_JimBob

El_JimBob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok - guess this can be closed - just found an audio out on the back of the LCD, and thru the amp, sound is perfectly in sync , so i guess it's all down to the processing on the telly. Interesting....

Oh well, Sky are in the clear! (for once it seems)