1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky at different address

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Randy_Badger, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Randy_Badger

Randy_Badger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just a quick question
    is it ok to use your sky box at different addresses
    because im going away for a 2weeks and the place im going to has a dish there can i take my sky+ box and use it there. the other dish i think was only for normal sky so only 1 cable, so i wont b able to record progs but will i still b able to pause and rewind.

thanks

2. MarkTy

MarkTy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're on a contract and got a subsidised box, you're meant to keep the box connected to your home phone line for the duration of contract. However, if you don't have multiroom, you'll probably get away with taking the box and plugging in elsewhere for a short period like two weeks.
    If you're not on contract, won't be a problem.
    With one signal input you should be able to record one programme at a time...but of course only the one you're watching.
    Pause and rewind should be no problem

3. Randy_Badger

Randy_Badger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah im 6mths into contract and have multiroom

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    If it's just for two weeks, you'll probably get away with it. I have had one of my multi-room boxes disconnected for a month while I had some house alterations done, and no word from Sky. I'm not sure how the box will perform with only one feed.

5. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    If you are still under contract then technically you will be in breach of your contract as your contract states you must keep both/ all your boxes connected to the phone line at all times.

On a practical note it is unlikely that sky would act within a 2 week period to disconnect your service and bill you for the additional cost on equipment & remaining subscription. They normally send you a number of letters before taking any action but technically they are not obliged to do so.

Choice is yours

6. the_sanguine

the_sanguine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Didn'y you catch it with the vacuum cleaner and not notice? I'm sure it'll be fine once you've plugged it back in?

7. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It only takes about 2 minutes to tell them you are moving house... You can give them the other address and the phone number and hook up your sky kit to the phone line and then tell them your moving again 2 weeks later. That way there's no chance they'll disconnect you.