Sky as CH7 not E1

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Echilon, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Echilon

Echilon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I decided to buy a new TV cabinet and had to move all of my AV equipment over (worst decision of my life). I have a DVD player, a VCR, a Sky box and a JVC AV28WR4EKS TV. Before, whenever I pressed Sky on the remote, it would switch to channel 7 and turn sky on, but now, Sky comes through as E1. This means to get to Sky, I have to press TV, then 0 to cycle through AV->E1->E2->E3. I've been on the phone to sky and they can't help me, and I'm totally out of options. Whenever I press TV Guide or the sky button, the sky remote switches the TV to channel 7, but I need it to switch it to E1. Is this something I can change on the remote or do I have to change the channel mapping on the TV so that channel 7 is E1, and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks for any help.

2. madman1178

madman1178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    First off, you cant set channel 7 as E1.

The 'E' channels are the extension channels, for example our scart inputs and s-video etc. It sounds to me you have just re-connected them differently to how you had them originally.

you may want to double check everything is connected properly. Ideally you want to watch sky through one of the scart leads connections anyway as you will get a better picture.

without seeing exactly how you have things connected i am not certain as to the best resolve. Can you list what is connected to what and in what connection etc.

for example, the tv out scart on sky goes to E1 connection on tv etc....and then let me know exactly what you want it to do, for example, sky on e1 and so on.....i may be able to then figure it out. I have done alot of this over the phone when i worked at an electrical company, its when you know how.

3. Echilon

Echilon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TV->Sky (Via SCART)
    TV->Video (Via SCART)
    Coax aerial from the roof->Video antenna in
    Video RF Out->Sky aerial in (Via Coaxial)
    Sky RF Out 1->TV antenna in (Via Coaxial)

Even if I just have the TV connected to the sky box via a scart, and the aerial plugged in to the TV, it still comes through as E1. I can tune Sky in from the TV but I get a really noisy picture, but I can watch TV through the ordinary TV stations. The strange thing is, if I remove the coax cable connecting Sky to the TV, I get a clear picture from sky through E1, but then I can't watch TV through the ordinary TV stations.

4. madman1178

madman1178

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    sorry dude, you have really confused me now.

Explain to me exactly what you want to happen

eg, i want sky to be on channel 7 and on e1

my vcr to play on e2

etc etc...

5. Echilon

Echilon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I followed the instructions here and changed the RF output station from 68 to 44, which was blank on my TV. Everything works now. Thanks for your help and merry christmas :D