Sky+ around the house...

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Snagsy, May 3, 2007.

1. Snagsy

Snagsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

This is my first post.

I have just moved into a new house and had Sky+ re-installed and I would like to be able to watch Sky+ from any of the TV points around the house. I am not too bothered about being able to change the Sky channel or use the remote control whilst watching from other TV points around the house.

As its a new house all of the coax cables from the TV points are routed into the loft and are loose and not connected to any aerial. If I use a coax cable from the RF2 out on the Sky + box and plug it into the TV point in the lounge, then connect all the loose coax cables in the loft which are attached to all the other TV points (+3) located in the house via an RF cable junction box, would I be able to watch sky from any of the TV points around the house as long as there is a television connected to a TV point?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and please advise if I will need to buy a equipment/parts/cable etc. I also apologise if this question has been asked before, I have looked through the archives but couldn't find anything exact.

Cheers
    Snagsy

2. RichardBoult

RichardBoult

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Snagsy

this is exactly what I have done with one exception I have fed the RF2 feed into the loft and connected it to a signal booster into which I also feed a standard RF aerial. This then boosts all of the RF signal plus the Sky signal to all of the other leads in the loft which terminate in all the bedrooms. This way the kids can watch sky if they want to watch what we're watching but if no they can watch standard TV as well.

I also use a magic eye in my main bedroom so that we can watch TV in bed. To do this though make sure you buy a booster that allows the signal from the magic eye to pass back through it. SLx do one (cos I'm using it)!