Sky Anytime

J

jon_burrows

How long does it take for Anytime to fill up? I had HD installed on Saturday morning and I thought it would've (at least partially) filled up by now.

Assuming it is turned on and you leave the box in standby and at least one tuner unused then you'll average a couple of hours a day with the odd overnight session dumping a lot of stuff in one go.

I don't think you do need to leave the box in standby for Anytime to fill up. Back when I had my TiVo, my digibox was on 24/7, I never put it into standby and always got Anytime stuff.

We replaced our Thomson (Kod by the new EPG) with a new Pace last Monday. Enabled Anytime right away.

It had its first programme that day and two pages full within three days.

A week on and there are 22 programmes.

The bank holiday might have slowed things down a bit.

You DID enable Anytime in the settings, did you not? If so then the above timetable is pretty normal.

I don't think you do need to leave the box in standby for Anytime to fill up. Back when I had my TiVo, my digibox was on 24/7, I never put it into standby and always got Anytime stuff.

I mentioned standby to differentiate between switching off at the mains and operating overnight which for most of us means using standby unless of course you have something like TIVO:)

You DID enable Anytime in the settings, did you not? If so then the above timetable is pretty normal.

If by enabling it you mean go to Services, then option 6, selecting 'yes', then save new settings then yes I did.

Well ive had to switch off anytime i dont know what my Thompson box is upto. Yesterday i got no satalite signal being received i ended up switching the box of at mains waiting 5 minutes then switching back on and all was fine. Today i couldnt view a single sky channel so again i had to switch off ar mains wait 5 minutes and turn again and all is well. Ive had my box for about 3 years and not a problem i dont know if this is down to Skyanytime being switched on or not as ive never used anytime before. This new EPG seems to have created more than a few problems i looked forward to it at first but now i just wish i could rollback to the old one. Anymore problems and i think i will cancel because there doesnt seem to be a HD brand box without problems.

I don't think it's anything to do with Anytime.

I've been getting similar problems, although not so frequently, with my Thompson since the new EPG and I've had Anytime on since it was first available.

Do you need to have your HD box connected to your phone line for Anytime to work?

Do you need to have your HD box connected to your phone line for Anytime to work?

Nope. Mine hasn't been connected for nearly two years. Is your Anytime STILL not working???:eek::eek:

Nope. Mine hasn't been connected for nearly two years. Is your Anytime STILL not working???:eek::eek:

Nope it's still not working. Phoned up sky tech dept. Everything seems ok with the settings and equipment. Then they said I need to have the box connected to the phone line. I didn't think that was correct. So I'm still stuck without Anytime.

Agree with Kenedin. I have no trouble with Anytime....and no phone connected up for the last year.

Nope it's still not working. Phoned up sky tech dept. Everything seems ok with the settings and equipment. Then they said I need to have the box connected to the phone line. I didn't think that was correct. So I'm still stuck without Anytime.

OK. Let's try this;

Go into Settings again. If Anytime is switched ON, then switch it OFF, Save Settings on the green button.

Exit the menu completely.

Then go back into Settings and re-enable Anytime, again make sure you save settings.

Can't think of anything else to get it up and running.

OK. Let's try this;

Go into Settings again. If Anytime is switched ON, then switch it OFF, Save Settings on the green button.

Exit the menu completely.

Then go back into Settings and re-enable Anytime, again make sure you save settings.

Can't think of anything else to get it up and running.

Thanks Kenedin I've tried that now it's just a matter of waiting.

***Well I tried what Kenedin suggested and now on Sunday morning the Anytime has started to fill up. I hope it fills up without further problems, Thanks again Kenedin***

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems a waste of disc space to me - I'd rather have it available for what I want to record rather than what Sky think I might want to watch. There's only been one thing on it since I've had my SkyHD+ box that I might have watched and I didn't have the right subscription anyway! :mad:

I have only just had Anytime available; upgraded to SKY HD from an old but very reliable Pace+ machine. I agree that I too would like the extra space available to use as I wish........but we can't. The only thing that I think is particuarly good about it is that the ADVERTS aren't recorded.................but that's not much of a plus point!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom