Sky anytime+. what happens now?

Toony11

Standard Member
I have recieved my new software update for the network connection, what happens now and how long before it is usable?

Andy4k6

Novice Member
Sky as normal are rubbish and also as usual won't activate it yet. If you call them as I did they will tell you that you know nothing and your box hasn't had the update.

They have said they are still testing and you wont get it for a length of time but any more information is top secret and they would have to kill you if they told you.

I made a complaint about the lack of technical info and why I can't use the service and got a call back where the woman suggested she was giving me the technical info i asked for but she had no technical info at all to give me.

Sometimes I really hate sky.

Andy

Last edited:
I had the darwin updated on my 1tb boxes some weeks ago.

I went online to sky and enabled anytime+ in my account products and hooked my sky+HD my Sky BB and after a reboot it was all there and usable.

So maybe you need to enable it on your account?

simon194

I went online to sky and enabled anytime+ in my account products and hooked my sky+HD my Sky BB and after a reboot it was all there and usable.

Unless you have an Amstrad box it will say you don't have a compatible box when you go into your account on the Sky website even if your box has the new software.

RASTIE

Novice Member
Unless you have an Amstrad box it will say you don't have a compatible box when you go into your account on the Sky website even if your box has the new software.
Yep found that out when trying to upgrade on my sky this morning,so is it a case of wating till they contact you via email or keep trying to upgrade :confused:

logiciel

I have recieved my new software update for the network connection, what happens now and how long before it is usable?
If you have Sky broadband you call them and ask them to activate Anytime+ which they should do right away.

Toony11

Standard Member
I have been on my account and yes it does say my box isn't compatable. Annoying!! Sky, for all the money we pay them are pretty useless when it comes to anything of this nature, do they not feel our pain? Proberbly not, just rubbing their hands together for all the money they keep dragging off us!

Thanks for your replies guys, we have alot of intelligent people on here, it's a shame sky doesn't employ some of us! :(

Miss Chief

Thanks for your replies guys, we have alot of intelligent people on here, it's a shame sky doesn't employ some of us! :(
I'm sure there are many people in your line of work that others will say are useless. One of my Samsung boxes got the update so I tried to add the AT+, but like you it didn't work. So I phoned them and spoke to a lovely Scottish lassie who went to check as they'd heard nothing about any Samsung boxes getting the update. Apparently it was a last minute decision last night to push the update to Samsungs and Sky's other systems hadn't been updated to allow AT+ to activate on the Samsung HD boxes. She said it should be sorted out in a few days.

logiciel

I have been on my account and yes it does say my box isn't compatable. Sky....are pretty useless when it comes to anything of this nature
I rarely believe anything I see on their site, thay can be very useless, and I'd still call them to ask direct about it.

Toony11

Standard Member
I'm sorry Miss Chief :oops: if I upset you, you don't work for sky do you? lol

I'll give it a couple of days as I'm in no rush and then check my account. Just would like it before christmas because then there might be something worth watching? lol :laugh:

logiciel

Why are you so reliant on the web site being correct, and what have you got against calling up to find out?
You might get someone as nice as Miss Chief did.

Toony11

Standard Member
I'm just prepaired to give them the benefit of the doubt that's all. But I will contact them in a couple of days if I still can't activate it, as it takes me a couple of days to feel human again after working my 12 hour night shifts for the last four nights. :laugh:

But thanks for your input it's always welcome. :smashin:

terryf

My box updated yesterday. It's a Samsung. Went to sky.com as instructed, found Anytime+, ticked the box "I have all I need" then to checkout, and thats it. Downloaded film to check, was available after about 30 minutes and I am on less than 2Mhz.
Still got to find out where everything is on EPG.

Toony11

Standard Member
Now all sorted :thumbsup:, only a few days had to wait and all working fine.
Slightly dissapointed :( with it though, not exactly a back catologue to choose from just the usual, 'here you go, heres a few more films and programmes to watch' not really much better than just plain old anytime.

Hopefully it will get better as time goes on? :lease:

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Personally I'm very impressed with it, just surprised Sky have not charged for it (Yet) :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Chief

Now all sorted :thumbsup:, only a few days had to wait and all working fine.
Slightly dissapointed :( with it though, not exactly a back catologue to choose from just the usual, 'here you go, heres a few more films and programmes to watch' not really much better than just plain old anytime.

There are over 500 movies to choose from?!?! I looked through the sports and there were all the Ricky Hatton fights and some Amir Khan ones too. Sure more is always better but the content that's available now is pretty good. I'd like to see some of the US series like Lost or previous series of 24 as well as house and Lie to me etc though.

david fox

Standard Member

just what I did. It works with my Samsung box. Had to phone Sky who were great as Box kept saying Local broadband connection fail. But now all is good.
Everybody Samsung boxes to work with the service, Not just Amstrad ones.

logiciel

Restorer

You'd have thought so wouldn't you? But, apart from SD movies and the usual Anytime content, there has been next to nothing new added since Stargate Atlantis Seasion 1 on 1 November! Nobody expected huge amounts of content to appear overnight but, hey, at this rate we might have 3 or 4 boxsets by the end of next year?

Very disappointing this :mad:.

Last edited:

logiciel

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published