Sky Anytime - On PC & TV

The Vin

Standard Member
Hello All,

I've now got my Sky+ box in & have come across the Sky Anytime service when looking on their web site.

I'm on the full Variety, Movies & Sports mixes & have a Sky+ box, so as far as I can see I can use the PC for Sky Anytime at no extra cost once I've registered this service to my account on the web site (apart from PPV & Box Office content of course). Am I correct ?

With regards Sky Anytime on TV, it suggests that the service is coming soon to Sky+ boxes, but only on the most recent version. How can I find out which version I've got ? Yes I've only just had it installed so you'd presume the most recent one, but I was offered a reconditioned (oh no I hear you say !) box with a full 12 months warranty for free instead of the normal £100.

To look at the front of the Sky+ box the card slots are over on the left hand side of the fascia, if this helps.

Any pointers appreciated.

Many Thanks, Gavin.

Go into "Services" "System setup" "System details" and quote back to us the Manufacturer (top line) and version number (third line):cool:

zico martin

has this service started for 'non-HD' sky customers yet? I didnt see it on my set last night but then perhaps my box doesnt count as new ( its only 18 months old!)

has this service started for 'non-HD' sky customers yet? I didnt see it on my set last night but then perhaps my box doesnt count as new ( its only 18 months old!)

Not yet but should be within the next two weeks - the latest boxes (PVR3s) were first issued in late 2005 so post your details as above and we will be able to tell you whether or not to expect it.

The Vin

Standard Member
Go into "Services" "System setup" "System details" and quote back to us the Manufacturer (top line) and version number (third line):cool:

Manufacturer - Pace

Model Number - 4.008pi

Version Number - 9F2307

Operating System Version - 1.31B00

EPG Software Version - sky+4.10.c

Thanks, Gav.

Manufacturer - Pace

Model Number - 4.008pi

Version Number - 9F2307

Operating System Version - 1.31B00

EPG Software Version - sky+4.10.c

Thanks, Gav.

Its a so called PVR2.5 - that is a PVR2 that has been refurbished and updated with a larger hard disk and new firmware so that it will act as a PVR3 and be suitable for Anytime - you should have 80 Gb usable for your own recordings and 80Gb reserved for the forthcoming Anytime.

The Vin

Standard Member
Its a so called PVR2.5 - that is a PVR2 that has been refurbished and updated with a larger hard disk and new firmware so that it will act as a PVR3 and be suitable for Anytime - you should have 80 Gb usable for your own recordings and 80Gb reserved for the forthcoming Anytime.

That's great, many thanks for the info :thumbsup:

The Vin

Standard Member
I've still no Anytime - I know in another thread (can't find it sorry !) there was someone else with the same type of box & waiting for a reply from Sky.

Do I need to force the download somehow perhaps ?

crackjiver

Novice Member
Back here to see if anyone else in the same boat has had an update yet ?!

When Sky installed my Sky+ the Anytime option did not appear at first and after a couple of weeks it I noticed that it had appeared.

It was about that time that my wife was complaining that the box had lost all of her series link options and previous recordings.

I think that the box had an old EPG when delivered and this caused a update to be installed without my knowledge(the wife may have pressed ok inadvertantly without reading the message box, it happens).

You can force an update by holding in the backup button on the box while turning it on from the wall socket.

It might take longer than the 10mins it claims.

Anytime on the PC is good if you have XP Media Center edition and an Xbox360 because you can add the anytime download folder to those shared to the 360 and then you can watch downloaded stuff on the telly.

Back here to see if anyone else in the same boat has had an update yet ?!

Contrary to original information from Sky the PVR2.5 will NOT get Anytime - they have instead with the latest EPG software version 5.0.3 released the whole 160 Gb of the hard disk for customer use (around 80 hours recording)

The Vin

Standard Member
Contrary to original information from Sky the PVR2.5 will NOT get Anytime - they have instead with the latest EPG software version 5.0.3 released the whole 160 Gb of the hard disk for customer use (around 80 hours recording)

Cool, am not majorly bothered about Anytime on the TV anyway. My worry was the rest of the factory upgraded hard drive being wasted so I'll give the update a go & post the results soon.

The Vin

Standard Member
EPG now at version 503 & I have lots of spare space to prove it :)

Tried manually forcing the upgrade on Friday - this gave the "Please do not turn off...." message but didn't work.

Seems that it ran the upgrade automatically sometime during yesterday :smashin:

mikey73

Standard Member
Hi Guys

Just a quick question.

At work now but just checked with the wife at home what our EPG version is and she said 5.03g.

Does this mean that we will be able to access the other 80gb (Anytime partition) and if so how. Do you just have to turn Anytime off to do this?

Cheers in advance

Mikey:thumbsup:

Hi Guys

Just a quick question.

At work now but just checked with the wife at home what our EPG version is and she said 5.03g.

Does this mean that we will be able to access the other 80gb (Anytime partition) and if so how. Do you just have to turn Anytime off to do this?

Cheers in advance

Mikey:thumbsup:

Only on a PVR2.5 - which shows a version number 9F23xx. If you have Anytime already you do not have one you have a PVR3.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom