Sky Anytime - All content disappeared

anorax25

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I found that all the Sky Anytime content had disappeared completely. This is not the first time it's happened either. Anyone else had this problem?

When I pressed the red button I got a message saying there was no anytime content available and to check my subscription.

My recordings were unaffected.

Checked back this morning and there is some extra content which has been added since but, it's only about 5 programs.

I recorded Andromeda Strain on Saturday night and then on Sunday morning realised that both episodes were on Anytime so, I deleted the recording I had made and watched the first episode. Came to watch Ep 2 later on Anytime and it had all gone.

Any suggestions welcome.

best wishes,

Col.

Same thing happened to me Thurs night/Fri morning. I put it down to extreme weather (we had a brief thunder storm), although like you the planner was fine.

Same thing happened to me Thurs night/Fri morning. I put it down to extreme weather (we had a brief thunder storm), although like you the planner was fine.

Planner "failed" even the recordings too be made ??

Anytime fine.Strange:confused:

Well done for managing to watch the entire Ep1 of Andromeda Strain. I think I lasted about 25 minutes until the wooden acting slapped me in the face and I realised that they had completely failed at suspending my belief. Went back to that Anytime listing and watched Ep2 of Sleeper Cell instead.

Thanks Paul_Man. There was a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon and following that there was no Anytime content.
Shouldn't really happen should it?
best wishes,

Col.

Planner "failed" even the recordings too be made ??

Anytime fine.Strange:confused:

Even stranger.......All series links on mine were tabbed as "failed". Had to delete them all and re-add them.

Thanks Travid.

Well done for managing to watch the entire Ep1 of Andromeda Strain. I think I lasted about 25 minutes until the wooden acting slapped me in the face and I realised that they had completely failed at suspending my belief. Went back to that Anytime listing and watched Ep2 of Sleeper Cell instead.

I'm clearly less discerning than you xPositor! I quite enjoyed it. Having said that, I had run out of other things to watch.

Cheers

Col.

Sorry - didn't mean that to be an attack on your viewing habits!

I gave up at the point that the team were picked up by helicopter, flying them and the baby and survivor back to their lab. Now unless their lab was conveniently located next to where the incident happened, that meant that they were flying an unknown 'organism' all around the US, not knowing what it was, how it works, how it spreads etc etc. A good thing, you might think, and perhaps if I'd stuck with it I might have enjoyed the rest, but that's called watching TV late on a Saturday when really you should be going to bed to get some rest like you keep promising yourself but never end up doing because there's this thing called a Sky box which now has the gall to record stuff that you might want to watch and so you give it a go and before you know it its the middle of the night and you're looking at your watch thinking ouch I've got to get up in a few hours.....

Sorry again - bit off topic there.

Even stranger.......All series links on mine were tabbed as "failed". Had to delete them all and re-add them.

Thanks Travid.

The current Mrs Jones spent a happy half hour re-programming the EPG.

AS- Enjoyed it, but I am a sucker for most sci-fi

SS- Really enjoying this.Why do the USA seems to produce "better" programmes?

Sleeper Cell has some undefinable quality about it. Big gripe is that Anytime is running it (or at least has run) the first two episodes, whilst I've series linked it on FXHD - but they haven't put the episode number in the Synopsis and they haven't appeared to have 'crossed-over' with Anytime as yet...

Sorry - didn't mean that to be an attack on your viewing habits!

I gave up at the point that the team were picked up by helicopter, flying them and the baby and survivor back to their lab. Now unless their lab was conveniently located next to where the incident happened, that meant that they were flying an unknown 'organism' all around the US, not knowing what it was, how it works, how it spreads etc etc. A good thing, you might think, and perhaps if I'd stuck with it I might have enjoyed the rest, but that's called watching TV late on a Saturday when really you should be going to bed to get some rest like you keep promising yourself but never end up doing because there's this thing called a Sky box which now has the gall to record stuff that you might want to watch and so you give it a go and before you know it its the middle of the night and you're looking at your watch thinking ouch I've got to get up in a few hours.....

Sorry again - bit off topic there.

No need to apologise!! My beloved says my choice in TV is cr*p but then she likes Eastenders, Emmerdale, Corrie, Home & Away, Neighbours etc. Nuff said!

Yes, there were a number of inconsistencies. Far too many to mention here but heck, it's only entertainment. No offence taken.

Fact remains, Anytime content shouldn't just disappear because there was a thunderstorm.

best wishes,

Col.

I think the Anytime bug is due to the box getting a corrupted clock signal. It momentarily thinks it's a million years in the future - your anytime programmes have therefore expired, so they're deleted, and your series links are in the past and therefore failed.

A couple of lines of code checksumming the clock data would put an end to this problem.

I think the Anytime bug is due to the box getting a corrupted clock signal. It momentarily thinks it's a million years in the future - your anytime programmes have therefore expired, so they're deleted, and your series links are in the past and therefore failed.

A couple of lines of code checksumming the clock data would put an end to this problem.

Cor!!! I like that explanation Pange. Do I need a Tardis then?

best wishes,

Col.

Pange, when you put it like that, it seems so obvious!

Now why can't Sky be that clever? :rolleyes:

and of course, if they enabled the ethernet port or put wireless in the box, it could sync its time via NTP.

Sometimes though the number of bugs that are in the software they are running you wonder whether it is really "fit for purpose". We really shouldn't be experiencing these kinds of issues, nor should we be having to regularly perform the equivalent of Ctrl-Alt-Del and rebooting the box.

I know. I write software for a living, and if we ever had the nerve to release a product with that many bugs, we would be out of business very quickly.

Yes, it's been reported as yet another symptom of the power supply capacitor problem.

http://bytelive.com/files/Replacing SkyHD PSU.pdf (PDF file)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651291

Thanks Sam!
Hadn't done my search properly before starting this thread. Read the entire thread you suggested yesterday and ordered a new PSU from Satsure afterwards. They're currently out of stock but hopefully it won't be long. All I need to do now is source a suitable HDD upgrade whilst I have the lid off.

Thanks again.

Col.

Replacement PSU arrived yesterday and was fitted in 10 minutes ( with the help of this forum ). My old one showed no signs of cap' leakage however.

Thanks to all for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom