Sky+ any deals going?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by sonysideup, Feb 18, 2005.

1. sonysideup

sonysideup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am planning to get sky+ in the next couple of weeks but i'd like your advice please.
    the price i'm being quoted is £200 for the box and £60 installation. is it worth it or should i wait until a better deal comes along? and, if so, has anyone got word of any offers in the near future.
    i know i could get it for £149 if i took on multiroom but i don't want to pay the extra £10 a month and besides i'm not that bothered about having sky on our little tv upstairs.
    any thoughts would be welcome.

2. markyboy

markyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am on the lookout for deals, and posted this a few weeks ago about upgrading to SKY+..... (I believ the current deal is the deal they have had for MONTHS so don't holf your breath about any news deals in the near future)

I want to do EXACTLY that, and posted a while ago the fact that you can actually get Multiroom for ONLY £19. !!!! - (cost of basic upgrade to SKY+ is £199 +£60 instalation or (for multiroom) £149 + free intstalation (but with £10 monthly subs). The minimum contract is 12 months on multiroom (which you cancel after 12 months) and so £199 +£60 = £250, and £149 +free + 12x£10 = £269 !! -AND you get SKY to relocate your box for you and you then get a FTV card from them to watch the free channels.

BARGAIN !!!

3. G1OSE

G1OSE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    is it just me or is sky + actually only £99 for the box? or are you talking about the +160 in which case that is a bargain

4. dalvin

dalvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    the box is £199 from SKY (without multiroom)

£149 with multiroom

5. G1OSE

G1OSE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  6. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Different deal for new customers and existing customers. By the way, I think the new customer deal might be going up to £149 in the next week or so.

7. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The multiroom options gives you a mirror of your main package in the other room, not just the FTV channels, well it does for new customers anyway, so even better value.

Wackojacko32

8. markyboy

markyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    FAO....Wackojacko32

What I was meaning was that when you cancel the multiroom after 12 months you should then get an FTV card from sky so you can watch the "free" channels as you have your box relocated for you and is still operative

9. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Markyboy

See what you mean, AFAIK you wont need a new card as they will just switch off the pay channels on the exisiting card so you will only get FTV anyway.

Wackojacko32

10. dave_myth_magic

dave_myth_magic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have followed this thread with interest as I have just taken the plunge and ordered SKY+....I like G10SE, realised that the £149 muti room offer was a bargain....however I did find out that there is another alternative, which the sky sales people do not mention unless you enquire and say that you heard there is another option of.....see below!!

This is that they can offer 2nd hand SKY+boxes on the multi room package, with a 3 month warranty for £99 (It was explained that these boxes are normally ones that have been taken out of a customers house within the one month cancellation period, but as they are used, they have to be sold as 2nd hand / refurbished).

So this is another offer even cheaper BUT, you have to bear in mind that though you are saving £50 on the £149 multiroom deal, you have to weigh up the pro's and con's of having a new vs. refurb box.

After much thought I went for the £149 deal, but the choice is yours

Hope this helps :smashin:

Dave