Sky+ and XBox

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by DR1V3R, Jan 24, 2005.

1. DR1V3R

DR1V3R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all :D

Just a quick connection question.

I have a TV with one RGB connection which I am using for my Pace Sky+ box, my XBox is connected using a normal scart which is a pretty useless way of connection for picture quality so I want to use the RGB.

Is it possible to use the Sky+ to link the XBox through while still retaining the RGB signal from the XBox?

If I can do this then can I also use the S-video output from the Sky+ to connect to my video recorder since I will have to remove the scart from the Sky+ to the video to use the XBox.

Hope that makes sense :)

Cheers

DR1V3R

2. RiskyLuca

RiskyLuca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi DR1V3R

Your easiest solution is simply to spend £9.75 on the Scart Box/Splitter sold by Argos (catalogue no. 534/2361). You then place upto three devices - Sky+, Xbox (assuming you've the advanced scart cable) and whatever else you've got - DVD player/2nd console etc then one scart cable goes from the Box to your one RGB TV connection and you've got RGB quality from all connected devices. This will also save you from using your 2nd scart connection on your Sky+ machine which you hook up to your video.
    Hope you're sorted
    :thumbsup: