Sky+ and what's in the box?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Gordon A, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Gordon A

Gordon A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Getting Sky+ installed tomorrow and, before the installer maybe gives me some flannel about the contents of the box, what should I get? Obviously a remote (and batteries?), but should it come with a scart lead as well?

2. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gordon, I got mine installed on Friday.
    You maybe lucky and get a box in new packaging, I didnt.

However the Sky + unit seems to be new.

I didnt get a scart or batteries but I got a New Remote and manual.

I had loads of batteries and the Sky+ was replacing my Panasonic Digibox so I already had the scart cable.

Now I have got rid of the fan issue with a hard reset (power down) I am happy with it.

I would suggest that if you are going to connect the Sky+ to an RGB socket on your TV you want to buy a decent scart cable.

If they do supply, and I am sure the installer will have them in his van, because he cant install it without a Scart lead. It will be a cheapo, rubbish cable.

Rog

3. Gordon A

Gordon A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Don't worry, I'm going to make sure I see him cut the sellotape on a new box!! The Sky+ is replacing the standard version so all scarts (decent ones!) are in place; all that needs to be done is a box swap and LNB change (the 2nd cable's in place already)! I only want the scart for my existing box when I move it upstairs!!

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It will include a Scart lead from Pace (actually quite a good one) plus the remote control, batteries, User Manual AND the quad-output LNB to replace the existing one on your minidish.

Fman

5. Gordon A

Gordon A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    All installed and OK. Brand new unit, sealed in box with all bits complete. Now, let's see how this thing works!!! :clap: