Sky + And Tivo

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by JIM HARKNESS, Nov 19, 2001.

1. JIM HARKNESS

JIM HARKNESS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHETHER TIVO CAN OPERATE THE SKY PLUS BOX ENABLING THE RECORDING OF TWO DIGITAL CHANNELS AT THE SAME TIME. ONE BY THE SKY + BOX ON ITS OWN HARD DRIVE AND THE OTHER BY TIVO SWITCHING ON AND CHANGING CHANNELS FROM THE OTHER DIGITAL TUNER WITHIN THE SKY+ BOX. I BELIEVE THAT THE SKY + INFRA RED RECEIVER WORKS ON A DIFFERENT CODE TO THE STANDARD DIGIBOX.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    I seem to recall reading that TIVO regularly update IR control codes when new products are released.
    If TIVO couldn't control SKY+ then it would seriously limit it's operating potential and for the small cost of the update it wouldn't make sense.
    Of course anyone with TIVO and SKY+ seriously have too much cash on their hands:)

3. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To add to the above, now that ITV is also on Sky+ and given the fact that one of the planned upgrades for Sky+ is to be able to record two channels at the same time then I shouldn't worry unless you also want Tivo to record "other" stuff (perhaps off an ITVdigital box etc.).

And no, when Sky+ can record two channels adding a Tivo box will NOT allow you to record three channels from your Sky box, it only has two tuners!

4. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to get the Sky + although the menu selection is much slower than on my Panasonic 31 box! I think recording and the ease of recording is what will swing it. I see from this forum you talk about updates already for Sky +... being able to record 2 channels at the same time etc... Where do you get any info on the Sky + box, Reviews, Updates etc I can only find the review on WVid and Currys,Dixons et al are as unhelpfull sorry un knowledgeable as ever.

5. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Iffy area because if I gave you a link it would be to another AV type forum and the mods would be well within their rights to pull it and tell me off. I referred to Digital Spy on another posting but would not give the URL for that reason.

Mods, am I correct in my assumption?

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    didn't want to butt in on a sky+ chat but, TV ADVISOR talks about these new upgrades over the next few months, operational by March 2002 to include:-

- fast forward x30 (X60 TIVO)

- manual timer (TIVO ALREADY HAS THIS TOO)

- record 2 programmes (UMMMM ONE DAY!!!)

Gary

Ps Yes I think tivo already has the sky+ codes!!

7. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought you were on holiday!?

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I was, but know I'm back to fly the TIVO flag once more!!!!

I want to hear more about your hard drive upgrade but probably do it off forum.

Gary