1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky and their charges

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by baldie, Nov 17, 2004.

1. baldie

baldie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have Sky + and the multiview option and pay 51 pounds a month, I have just expeienced a problem with the phone extention that the kit plugs into (It no longer works), when mentioning this to a friend he said you need to call Sky and advise them otherwise they will charge. I phoned Sky last night who said that they do charge on a pro rata basis but you can credit it back for these such problems, I just can't get my head round the fact that I am sending them 51 a month and then I get charged just because the blo*dy phone lines out of order.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You are getting the SKYworld package on the second digibox for £10 instead of another £41 pounds. You then have the obligation of ensuring both boxes can talk to the SKY computers via the phone line, if they can not then you are breaking the contract and lose the reduced price.
    It's that simple really:)

There is always a grey area of course and in this case it's the problem of one or more boxes having a failure in the modem/cable or phone point which means you may be breaking the T&C's but unaware of the fact. SKY take the view that since £10 skyworld smartcards have to be controlled they will always assume (through experience) that people are pirating their service.

3. baldie

baldie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks....if only the guy on the end of the Sky Customer services number could have explained that.

4. Orwella

Orwella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    That would require someone with half a brain at the end of the phone. My experience with Sky customer services is that they are totally devoid of any intelligence. I could rant on about my Sky experience forever, but I'll just wind myself up and end up miserable for the rest of the day.