sky and the phone connection????????

SILVERBACK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
getting sky+ and a second digi box for another room wednesday an had a few questions,why do i need it and what would happen if i unplug it??? i am lead to believe that all the updates are done through the LNB and not the phone line so any advice would be great.also does the second sky digi box need to be connected to the line aswell???

The phone line is used AFAIK to download box office information for billing purposes and is also used for the games you have to pay for.

You usually have to have the line plugged in for 12 months as part of the Sky contract - they will periodically check the line and send you a letter if it's not connected.

HTH

John

jesus that was quick lol cheers mate guess you dont know about the second box being connected to the phone aswell as the sky + ????

Originally posted by SILVERBACK
getting sky+ and a second digi box for another room

also does the second sky digi box need to be connected to the line aswell???

A second (or third come to that) digibox that is using a "mirror" smartcard must be connected to the same phone line as the digibox using the original smartcard.
SKY do enforce this security measure and will issue warnings and then charge you full price for the second subscription.

If the second digibox is FTA or using a FTV card then it only needs to be connected to a phone line if installed via a SKY subsidised deal, minimum term of 12 months but is very rarely enforced.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom